Apple cider vinegar is the new fad in today’s dieting world. The benefits of this fermented apple juice have been known to be diverse and plenty. The fermentation process preserves the pectin and vitamins of apple juice and adds acetic acid and citrus acid into the product thus formed. Apple cider vinegar has plenty of trace elements as sodium, magnesium, phosphorous, calcium and iron. The acidity of apple cider vinegar gives it a strong lemony smell and a sour taste. Due to the diverse benefits of Apple cider vinegar, we are going to discuss some of its countless uses like.
- An anti –Bacterial: Apple cider vinegar due to its acidity has an antibacterial and antifungal This is the reason it can be used as a food preservative. The acidic environment of Apple cider vinegar is detrimental to bacteria and fungus, making it an excellent medicine for various bacterial and fungal infections like acne and dandruff.
- A cure for Diabetes: Apple cider vinegar is known to bring down blood sugar levels up to 34%. It also keeps the sugar craving down.Theseare the reasons that Apple cider vinegar is used to supplement diets in type 2 diabetic people.
- Aid in Weight loss: Apple cider vinegar is the ‘free radical’ of the weight loss world. It is known to aid in digestion. It makes one feel fuller after meals and thus help in curbing the hunger pangs.
- An agent to lower Cholesterol: Apple cider vinegar boosts metabolism and aids in bringing the bad cholesterol down. The lowering of bad cholesterol can be helpful in curing and preventing many diseases like heart attacks and high blood pressure.
- A possible cure for Cancer: quite a few researches are being undertaken to prove that Apple cider vinegar can help in shrinking the cancerous cells. If this is proven, Apple cider vinegar can be used as amiraculous drug to cure cancer and malignant tumors.
We know how eager you must to have ACV after going through all the benefits, but allow us to give you a few tips to avoid common mistakes people make while consuming Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Drink it in concentrated form: the undiluted consumption of Apple cider vinegar is not advised due to its awful taste that can lead to throat burns. Many people find it hard to consume it precisely because of this reason. It is thus advised that Apple cider vinegar should be used by diluting 1 part of it with 10 parts of water.
- Drinking it post meals: Apple cider vinegar must be taken at least 20 min prior to eating anything. It may cause acid reflux in people and thus should always be taken diluted and on an empty stomach.
- Consuming it directly: Apple cider vinegar is corrosive to the tooth enamel. Thus it is advised to drink it with a straw. This is to avoid it coming in to direct contact with the tooth enamel.
If you are looking forward to starting on Apple Cider Vinegar, start with a lower dose. This is to gradually adapt the body to it. The intake can be thus eventually increased if the body adapts to the Apple cider vinegar. There is no doubt that Apple cider vinegar can work wonders for the body if consumed properly.